IMPORTANT HEALTH PACKET and YCQ IMMUNIZATION POLICY 2021-2022
PLEASE GO THROUGH THIS HEALTH PACKET AND IMMUNIZATION POLICY CAREFULLY, AS IT INCLUDES INFORMATION THAT HELPS US TAKE BETTER CARE OF YOUR CHILDREN.
PLEASE NOTE THESE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND MENTAL HYGIENE (DOHMH) REQUIREMENTS:
***ALL Required Health Forms should be uploaded to your child’s YCQ Digital Health Form on ParentLocker. (See below for Instructions)
- Updated health and immunization record from your pediatrician-This MUST be filled out by ALL students
(Note: Vaccinations may be required prior to entry to school not by age range)
o Updated immunization record from your pediatrician (according to the state mandated vaccination schedule). https://www.health.ny.gov/publications/2378.pdf
o Screenings: vision, hearing, height, weight, and scoliosis depending on the grade.
On 6/13/19, Public health law section 2164 was amended, eliminating the exemption from vaccinations due to religious beliefs for school attendance.
The following forms should ONLY be filled out if they apply to your child(ren):
- If your child is to receive prescription medication in school, the nurse must have a signed doctor’s order uploaded to your account. This is true of any medications that may need to be administered throughout the year, including eye drops, antibiotics, over the counter medications etc. Please have your doctor fill out the appropriate prescription medication form. The medication must be sent to school in the original pharmacy bottle. Additionally, because your child spends a large portion of his/her day in school, it is very important that you notify us if your child is taking any daily medication at home.
- If your child has asthma, please have your doctor complete the ‘Asthma’ form and upload to your child’s account.
- If your child has a food allergy please note in YCQ Digital Health Form.
- If they have food that requires intervention please fill out a ‘Allergy Action Plan and an Anaphylaxis-Epinephrine’ permission.
Please have your physician review these forms and sign prior to uploading to your account.
- For student students to receive over-the-counter medication, click ‘YES’ on the digital health form.
- Nursery and Kindergarten students up to age 5 are required to have a flu shot between July 1 and December 31. Please submit proof.
**There may be additional requirements for school entry pending decisions by DOHMH.
If you have any specific concerns regarding your child, please do not hesitate to email us at [email protected] (immunization/CoVid questions) or school nurse at [email protected] with your child’s first and last name and grade/class in the subject line.
We are looking forward to a healthy and rewarding year with your child.
NO FORM WILL BE ACCEPTED WITHOUT STUDENT’S FULL LEGAL NAME, NAME USED IN SCHOOL, and DATE OF BIRTH. Forms will be automatically returned, and child will be considered in non-compliance.
PLEASE READ ATTACHED FOOD ALLERGY POLICY FOR THE HEALTH AND SAFETY OF ALL OF OUR STUDENTS.
Thank you in advance for your timely cooperation in uploading all documentation into your YCQ Digital Health Form on ParentLocker.
Mrs. Jennifer Jaffe
Immunizations and Compliance
718.793.8500 ext. 336
YCQ School Nurse
For all medical questions
718.793.8500 ext. 314
YCQ Immunization Policy
Yeshiva of Central Queens adheres to the NYS Law and immunization policy, procedures, and requirements of the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH).
To read the policies please click on the links below: