IMPORTANT HEALTH PACKET AND YCQ IMMUNIZATION POLICY 2023-24
As your child prepares for school this fall (September 2023), we are taking this opportunity to tell you about our health and immunization requirements, and how to upload your documentation into the YCQ Electronic Health records 2023-2024
All required forms are attached to this email and available on our website.
NYS requires all students entering Pre-K (3’s and 4’s), K, 1,3,5, and 7 to submit updated physical exam records.
All students who are new to YCQ must submit updated physical exam records.
** Any student participating in a sport must have a current physical before tryouts.
**Public health law section 2164 was amended, eliminating the exemption from vaccinations due to religious beliefs for school attendance.
NEW YORK STATE IMMUNIZATION REQUIREMENTS – Under New York law, we are prohibited from admitting any student without a certificate of immunization from a healthcare practitioner. Any child without documentation of the required immunizations will be excluded from school until such documentation is received. We have attached a copy of the immunization requirements to this email, and they could be found on our website.
The immunizations required vary by age and grade, and your health care professional, the school nurse, your local health authority, or the NYC Department of Health (DOH) can advise you of the immunizations your child must have for admission to school.
If you are transferring to our school from out-of-state or another country and are in the process of obtaining proof of immunization or a certificate of immunization, your child may attend for 30 days while providing the required documentation. [All health/immunization forms will only be accepted in English]
- If you cannot afford the immunizations, your local health authority will administer or arrange for the administration of the immunizations.
- Children may receive immunizations at any time regardless of when the last exam was.
- Your insurance is required to cover all immunizations.
- Please be aware that children entering 6th grade must submit proof of one dose of the Tdap vaccine booster administered after age 10 within 14 calendar days after their eleventh birthday.
- Please be aware that children entering grade 7 must submit proof of having received a dose of the meningitis (MenACWY/meningococcal) vaccine administered after age 10 within 14 days of their twelfth birthday.
- If you believe you have a legitimate medical exemption or deferral from immunization under New York City/State law, you can request a medical exemption form that must be approved by the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH) prior to the expiration of the state-mandated time periods.
- Your application may be rejected, in which case we will advise you of the reasons.
- Medical exemptions or deferrals, if granted, must be reissued annually. Without a certificate of immunization or an approved exemption, a child will not be permitted to attend classes.
- If you believe your child qualifies for a medical exemption, please submit required documents as soon as possible.
- A new student will not be admitted without complying with the state law.
Please note: If your child is not up to date on all required immunizations, regardless of a physical exam being required for that year, they will not be cleared to begin school until ALL vaccinations are complete. This includes students entering Kindergarten.
FLU VACCINE REQUIREMENT
Any child who is under the age of five on December 31, 2023 will be required to receive the flu vaccine to remain in school. Please contact your pediatrician for availability. If we have not received proof of vaccine by 12/31/23 your child will be excluded from school.
No medication may be given in school unless a medication permission form is filled out and signed by you and your doctor. This includes prescription and non-prescription medications. If your child requires a single dose non-prescription medication such as Tylenol while in school, a parent will be notified for confirmation and medication will be administered by the school nurse only if permission was given on the YCQ Electronic health form. Medication must be in its original container, labeled with your child’s name and grade. If your child carries an inhaler, EpiPen or insulin, all appropriate orders must be completed and signed by you and your physician. If your child has any serious allergies, please make sure that you and your doctor complete the food allergy care plan. Please keep the health office informed of any medication that your child takes at home.
CONTAGIOUS ILLNESS/COMMUNICABLE DISEASE
Any child with a contagious illness must be excluded from school. Please notify the office of illnesses such as chicken pox, measles, strep throat, lice, flu, covid, mononucleosis, and any other non-contagious significant illness.
EMERGENCY CONTACT INFORMATION
Please make sure to include all necessary emergency contacts that are not parents as well as physician’s name and phone number. Every effort will be made to contact you in the event of an emergency.
Please submit all forms online using the YCQ ParentLocker Electronic Health form link. This can be accessed as well by logging in to your ParentLocker account and clicking the 2023-2024 Health Form link on the home page. (If you have forgotten your password click forgot username and password or are new to YCQ, please email [email protected] or [email protected] with child’s full name and class/grade in the subject line and we will send you the log on information. All health related questions please email [email protected].
We will no longer accept paper forms. You must upload your completed forms onto the YCQ Electronic Health Form.
- Students will not be cleared for admission without 100% completed immunizations.
- Students will not be cleared for admission without having submitted proof of physical exam forms going into Pre-K(3s and 4s) and into grades 1,3,5, and 7. Do not wait until August to make an appointment. ALL students must be fully vaccinated and students entering the above grades must have updated physical exams on file for admission. Proof of appointment will not be accepted.
FORMS (Download only what applies, complete, and upload into your Electronic Health Record.
Mrs. Jennifer Jaffe
Immunizations and Compliance
718.793.8500 ext. 336
YCQ School Nurse
For all medical questions
718.793.8500 ext. 314
YCQ Immunization Policy
Yeshiva of Central Queens adheres to the NYS Law and immunization policy, procedures, and requirements of the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH).
To read the policies please click on the links below: