Early Childhood Director
The Yeshiva of Central Queens (YCQ) is seeking an experienced, nurturing, and creative educator to serve as the Director of our Early Childhood (EC) Program, beginning July 1, 2024. The Director is responsible for serving over 160 total students in our New York City-funded UPK programs for 3 and 4-year-olds, and our Kindergarten.
The Director is responsible for the day-to-day administrative oversight of the program, as well as working closely with the teachers to develop high-level and age appropriate curricula for our students. The successful candidate will work to uphold and build on YCQ’s commitment to providing our students with the best possible educational experience in a Torah environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Hiring, training, managing, and mentoring staff to ensure the overall success of the EC
- Maintaining supervision and instructional guidance (both Judaic and General) through regular staff meetings, classroom observations, and professional development.
- Coordinating, implementing, and monitoring the different curricula
- Participating in interviews and assessing applicants’ academic levels
- Assisting in the planning of the EC Open House
- Establishing meaningful relationships with parents and maintaining effective oral and written communication.
- Overseeing consistent compliance to all NYC UPK requirements.
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
- 5+ years teaching and administrative experience
- Able to build successful relationships and have the ability to influence people at all levels.
- Able to lead and manage successfully.
- Skill in planning and organizing, able to meet strict deadlines.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Skill in efficiently handling conflict and complaints.
- Computer literate, including proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Drive.
Compensation & Benefits
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience.
Email [email protected] with:
- Cover Letter
- Minimum of 2 references
Other Positions Available Include:
Early Childhood Teachers
Elementary School Teachers (Judaic and General)
Please send a resume and references to [email protected].
The ideal candidate:
- has teaching experience
- is a team player
- communicates well with parents
- carrying a caseload of counseling students,
- delivering SEL and other relevant lessons in the classroom
- running social skills groups
- supervising interns
- and other relevant tasks as needed.
Located in Kew Gardens Hills, YCQ is dedicated to providing its students with the best possible educational, social, and emotional experience in a loving and accepting Torah environment.